Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Yummy Food

I have to admit, I love food. In all it's forms and many of its dialects (can ethnic food have its own dialect? I think so...I am going with it)
A few of my friends have been using the Shelf Reliance products for some time now...and I must admit I am a food snob, I refuse to consume foods full of preservatives and sugar. It is something I get a little bit fanatic about...
So here I was reading about my friend Erin G's experience with Shelf Reliance (She had recently singed up as a consultant) So I decided late one night to check out the ingredient labels and nutrition content of their foods.
Freeze Dried Peaches :Ingredients: Peaches Freeze Dried Apricots: Ingredients: Apricots Strawberries, Apples, Broccoli, Corn, Peas, Green Beans, the list went on until I had an ah-ha moment.... These foods were unadulterated, even more so than the canned foods you can buy in the store, and even more so than the foods I can preserve on my own. (I have attempted fruits without sugar, and it is an expensive and fruitless experience.) I was sold, I then spent time on their handy "Q" system, where it allows you to input the number in your household (9) and the amounts of food each person will need for your allotted time expanse (1 year) It then calculates how much of each of the food groups that you will need to keep your family well-fed. Here is the coolest part....you then get to decide on a budget amount, and their system automatically puts food items on drop-ship delivery each month. If you have ZERO food stored up, they suggest a 'smart-start pack' this gives you all the basics for a family, grains, leavening, Salt, Protein, etc... Depending on your family size and budget the Q then automatically sends your food! For my family we have a year supply already of grains, and legumes, we are sorely lacking in fruits and vegetables, so this is where the bulk of OUR purchases will be. We will have Mangoes, Pineapples, Peaches, Pears, beans, Peas, Corn, Broccoli, Spinach, ALL at our fingertips! This is mega-exciting for me! Fruits and vegetables regardless of the season and availability! Check them out, and ask any question you may have ...do the research and I challenge you to get serious about your food supplies, i honestly do not care where you get your food, I pray that you simply make the steps to get a supply of safe and nutritious foods in your stores...for there are times coming, where you will wish you had!

No comments:

Post a Comment